The visual inspection of extruded alumimum profiles is a time and resource consuming task. The generated scrap not only lowers your productivity and customer satisfaction but also reduces your yield. The EXTRUSION MASTER system enables you to allocate these resources more efficiently. EXTRUSION MASTER provides a fully automated surface inspection of extruded aluminum profiles on single and multistrand aluminum lines.
Early in the production process the system classifies and detects defective material. This allows you to avoid processing unmarketable material and reduce aluminum scrap by up to 30%.
The inspection system also ensures maximum die utilization by setting individual thresholds for die lines or streaks, making it a powerful predictive maintenance tool.
Convince yourself of the cost-saving features. Learn in our webinar how to reduce aluminum scrap and improve yield significantly.
Optical inspection assures reliable defect detection on aluminum profiles.
Optimal timing of die exchange through predictive maintenance analysis
EXTRUSION MASTER surface inspection
- Achieve a significant reduction in scrap production
- Inspect profiles of different shapes and sizes
- Fast ROI that begins after only a few days due to pre-configured system
- Timely extrusion press shut-off through early detection of relevant defects
- Monitoring of die life-time (predictive maintenance)
- Quality statistics for precise process and product analysis
- Optimize extrusion speed, billet heating and color coating
EXPERT 5i suite predictive maintenance
- Information for faster response to sudden or gradual increase of defects
- Improved quality based on faster response capability
- Ability to detect subtle shifts in defect densities spanning many coils for process optimization
- Configurable alarms
- Maintenance can be performed as required, not as scheduled
EXTRUSION MASTER enables automated surface inspection of extruded aluminum profiles.
- Single and multistrand inline surface inspection for extruded aluminum profiles.
- Automated inspection of all visible sides of all parallel produced profiles.
- Profiles of different shapes and sizes can be inspected without new set up.
- Evaluates die condition and recommends optimum moment to change rolls before the product quality deteriorates.
The EXPERT 5i suite of software modules transforms inspection and process data into cost saving decisions.
- Calculation of defect densities for each type of defect
- Graphical visualization of defect densities over position
- Alarms based on density thresholds and gradients